Below are the Farnell Statements of Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Policy.
Statement of Quality Policy
The company will focus on customer need to ensure products and services satisfy customer expectations by offering a broad range of components, equipment and accessories, enabling users to achieve and maintain the quality, product reliability and performance that their own quality policies dictate.
The company will offer a premium service based upon planned stockholding requirements to ensure customer delivery requirements are satisfied and will measure and record this performance as a basis for future quality planning and continual improvement.
The company will also offer products and services that are not within the immediate defined product ranges, to service all customer need and be a “one-stop” procurement solution.
All employees will be appropriately trained so they understand fully the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements. All training will be recorded.
Top management support will be given at all levels of the business to ensure that sufficient resource is available to realise customer expectations, to ensure legal compliance and to see that the requirements of any relevant national or international standards are satisfied.
Statement of Environmental Policy
Farnell is committed to the protection of the environment and will endeavour to reduce its significant environmental impacts arising from its products, activities and services.
Specifically, the Company will:
- Comply with all applicable and relevant environmental laws, regulations and other requirements
- Strive to conserve resources and prevent pollution
- Strive for continual improvement in environmental performance
- Provide appropriate environmental training for employees
- Report publicly on an annual basis environmental performance against stated targets
- Review policy annually and revise it as necessary
This policy is the responsibility of the Managing Director, Farnell. Monitoring of compliance with the policy is delegated to the Group Safety, Health & Environmental Manager. Awareness of and compliance with this policy is the responsibility of every manager in the Company.
Statement of Health & Safety Policy
The Company regards the promotion of Health & Safety measures as a mutual objective for Management and Employees at all levels. It is, therefore, Company policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury and damage to property, and to protect everyone from foreseeable work hazards, including the general public, insofar as they come into contact with the Company. In particular, the Company has a responsibility to:-
- Provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Provide training and instruction to enable employees to perform their work safely and without risk to health
- Maintain a constant and continuing interest in all Health & Safety matters appropriate to the Company’s activities and for it’s management to set examples in safe behaviour
- Appraise working methods to ensure safe practices are maintained
- Seek advice, where necessary, from safety specialists
- Ensure compliance with legal and other requirements
Employees have a duty to co-operate in the objectives by:-
- Working safely and adhering to Company procedures
- Using any protective equipment provided and meeting statutory obligations
- Reporting incidents that have led or may lead to injury or damage
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents, with the object of introducing measures to prevent recurrence
A senior manager will be appointed to oversee all aspects of Health & Safety in the workplace. Instances of complaint should, however, be reported through line management, who will have first-line responsibility for all Health & Safety issues.