Farnell, a trading division of Premier Farnell UK Limited
Currency date of Catalogue: from March 2008 to March 2009
Issue date of these Conditions: August 2008
The following words shall have the meanings given them below throughout these conditions of supply:
'Catalogue' - the catalogue (in whatever form, whether paper or electronic) in which these Conditions are set out.
'Company' - Farnell, a trading division of Premier Farnell UK Limited (Company number 860093) whose registered office is situated at 150 Armley Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12 2QQ or its permitted assigns.
'Conditions' - these terms and conditions.
'Contract' - any contract between us and you for the sale of Goods and/or the supply of Services.
'Customer'- the person(s), company or other entity whose order for Goods or Services is accepted by the Company.
'Goods' - any goods supplied or to be supplied by us to you.
'Services' - any services supplied or to be supplied by us to you.
'Supplies' - any Goods or Services.
'in writing' - includes electronic communications.
All orders are accepted by the Company subject to and in accordance with these Conditions.
These Conditions override and exclude any terms or conditions in or referred to in any negotiations or course of dealing between the Company and the Customer or set out in the Customer's standard terms and conditions. If there is any conflict between
• the other provisions of this Catalogue and these Conditions; or
• the provisions of the order and these Conditions
these Conditions will prevail unless the Company agrees otherwise in writing. Together with any terms accepted by the Company in connection with an order, these Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Company and the Customer in relation to the Supplies ordered. No variation to these Conditions is permitted unless expressly authorised in writing by a director of the Company.
Unless otherwise stated, prices for Supplies are in Euro, exclusive of VAT, which will, if appropriate, be added at the time of dispatch to the price stated in the Catalogue or, where appropriate, the Company's written quotation. The Company has used all reasonable endeavours to ensure that prices for the Supplies are accurately set out in the Catalogue but reserves the right to change its prices without notice at any time. Prices charged will be those prevailing when an order is accepted.
Where Supplies are to be made in instalments ('Scheduled Delivery') the price payable for them will be that applicable at the time of dispatch of the first batch of Supplies but, where Scheduled Delivery may continue for a period of 90 days or more, the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer further amounts if the price of the Supplies increases before the end of that period or to take into account changes in the applicable exchange rate.
Any Supplies made to a UK address will incur VAT at the current rate, including where the Goods are for subsequent export. Upon receipt of proof which conforms to Customs/Excise Notice 703 that the Goods have been exported, a credit note to the full value of VAT will be issued.
For shipments to another EC member state, VAT will not be charged, providing an EC VAT number is supplied by the consignee of the Goods at the time of ordering.
Supplies to a non EC member state will be zero rated for VAT purposes in accordance with Customs/Excise Notice 703.
The Company's standard documentation is a single invoice and despatch note. The cost of other documents such as Chamber of Commerce or Consular certification or legalization or multiple invoice copies is not included unless specified on the Company's quotation or pro-forma invoice and the Company will quote separately for such charges if requested.
Payment must be made in full in advance by one of the following methods, as agreed with the Company:
a) in the currency invoiced.
b) by bankers draft or cheque with order, drawn on a bank recognised by the Company in the UK.
c) by net interbank transfer, for the purposes of which the Company's bank details are available upon request.
d) by Access/Visa credit cards.
e) by letter of credit, providing that the price of the Goods (excluding delivery and other charges and duties) is over €7500 and the letter of credit:
1. is IRREVOCABLE.
2. is confirmed by a reputable Bank, acceptable to the Company, in the UK.
3. allows the Company payment at sight in euro.
4. conforms exactly in detail as to price, description, despatch method etc, given in the Company's quotation or pro-forma invoice.
5. states that all Bank charges, commissions etc. are to the account of the Customer.
6. allows both part shipment and trans-shipment.
7. allows the Company a reasonable time, both for despatch of Goods and the preparation and presentation of documents.
8. specifies 'Various Origins' if country of origin must be shown in the letter of credit.
9. is subject to the Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (1983 Revision ICC Publication No. 400) as the same may be amended from time to time.
f) in accordance with any credit terms account made available by the Company in connection with the Customer's account in accordance with these Conditions.
Please note that the Company will not accept any bank charges, commissions or fees. All documentary credits must clearly be marked that all such charges or commissions are for the account of the Customer.
All payments must be made without any deductions, withholding or set off. Time for payment is of the essence. If the Customer fails to make payment by the due date then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy, the Company shall be entitled to:
i. cancel the order or suspend any further deliveries or performance;
ii. appropriate any payment made by the Customer to such of the Supplies (or the Supplies made under any other contract) as the Company may think fit; and
iii. charge interest (both before and after any judgment) on the amount unpaid at the rate of 5% per annum above the base rate from time to time of HSBC Bank plc until payment is made in full.
5. New Accounts
A Customer wishing to open a credit account must furnish such information as may be requested by the Company and the Company may make such searches and enquiries as it sees fit. The Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to grant, refuse or discontinue any credit facilities or reduce or suspend any credit limit at any time without notice to the Customer. No account facility or credit terms shall be binding on the Company unless confirmed by the Company in writing.
The Company reserves the right to decline to trade with any company person or other entity.
The Customer should quote its account number and order number when telephoning and in all correspondence.
To avoid duplication, written confirmation of telephone orders must be clearly marked 'Confirmation only'. The Company will not accept liability for orders not so marked and duplicate orders will be charged accordingly. The minimum order value for credit card transactions is €30. Once accepted, an order may only be cancelled with the prior written agreement of a director of the Company.
Orders for Goods are accepted by the Company by dispatching the Goods provided, however, that dispatch shall not constitute acceptance where the price for the Supplies has been incorrectly quoted or referenced in the Customer's order.
Telephone, facsimile, email, web and e-procurement orders are automatically assumed to be urgent and save as set out below, the Company will use all reasonable endeavours to despatch Goods so ordered on the same day, provided that orders are received before 3.00pm GMT Monday to Friday, and all Goods ordered after such time on the next working day.
Unless otherwise stated by written agreement all deliveries will be executed on an EXW the Company's UK or Belgian warehouse, as the Company elects. 'EXW' shall have the meaning given it in INCOTERMS 2000. The Company may offer delivery on other terms and at additional cost if requested.
The Customer may request delivery or performance by instalments for up to 12 months from the date of order. The Company reserves the right to deliver or perform by instalments. Failure to meet a delivery or performance date where deliveries or performance are by instalment shall not prevent or restrict the Company from making further deliveries or rendering subsequent performance under the relevant Contract by instalment.
The Company may use any method of delivery available to it. The Company will use reasonable endeavours to meet delivery and/or performance estimates but, except as set out in Condition 8 below, in no circumstances shall it be liable to compensate the Customer for non-delivery, non-performance or late delivery or performance. Time for delivery and/or performance will not be of the essence. The Company reserves the right to delay despatch for a number of reasons, including to perform any necessary credit or anti-fraud checks or procedures or to ensure that payment has been received in cleared funds in full. Where despatch is delayed for such reasons, the
Company will use reasonable endeavours to inform the Customer.
8. Inspection, defects and non delivery
The Customer must inspect the Supplies as soon as is reasonably practicable after delivery or, in the case of Services, performance and, except as set out in Condition 14 below, the Company shall not be liable for any defect in the Supplies unless written notice is given to the Company within 10 days of the date of inspection. The Company does not write software comprised in the Goods and it is the Customer's responsibility to check for the presence of computer viruses before the Goods are used. The quantity of any consignment of Goods, as recorded by the Company upon despatch from the Company's place of business, shall be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by the Customer on delivery, unless the Customer can provide conclusive evidence to the contrary. The Company will not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods or non-performance of Services unless written notice is given to the Company within 10 days of the date when Goods should have been delivered or the Services performed in the ordinary course of events. Subject to condition 15(i) below, any liability of the Company for non-delivery or non performance or for Goods notified as defective on delivery or
Services notified as defective following performance in accordance with this Condition 8 will be limited to replacing the Goods or re-performing the Services within a reasonable time or to refunding the price then paid in respect of such Supplies.
Prior to returning any Goods to the Company for any reason, the Customer must contact the Company to obtain a returns authorisation number (‘RMA’). All Goods are returned at the Customer’s risk and expense and should be undamaged by the Customer and in their original packaging. The Customer is responsible for returning Goods to the Company and for providing proof of delivery of such return.
The Company operates a 21 day return policy. To be accepted for return on this basis, Goods should be returned for receipt by the Company within 21 days of despatch. The Customer should return the Goods to “The Returns Department, Farnell International Distribution Centre, Castleton Road, Leeds, LS12 2EN” clearly quoting the Returns Material Authorisation Number (RMA), Customer’s account number and order number on the outside of the package.
Any Goods returned after 21 days as ‘unwanted’ or ‘incorrectly ordered’ may be accepted at the discretion of the Company but will be subject to a minimum restocking fee of 20% of the invoice value of the Goods or €10, whichever is the greater.
Goods that consist of software or are specially constructed or contain any of the hazardous substances referred to in Directive 2002/95/EC on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical or Electronic Equipment (‘RoHS’) may not be returned under this Condition 9. Any Goods which are not in catalogue or are non-stock items may not be returned under this Condition 9. Any static-sensitive Goods or moisture sensitive components (MSL) supplied in sealed packaging may not be returned if the blister or ‘peel’ packs in which they are supplied have been opened, tampered with or damaged.
All specifications, drawings, illustrations, descriptions and particulars of weights, dimensions, capacity or other details including, without limitation, any statements regarding compliance with legislation or regulation (together “Descriptions”) wherever they appear (including without limitation in this Catalogue, on data sheets, application notes, despatch notes, invoices or packaging) are intended to give a general idea of the Supplies, but will not form part of the Contract. If the Description of any Goods differs from the manufacturer's description, the latter shall be deemed to be correct. The Company shall take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of Descriptions but relies on such information, if any, as may have been provided to it by its suppliers and accepts no liability in contract or tort or under statute or otherwise for any error in or omission from such Descriptions whether caused by the Company's negligence or otherwise. The Company may make changes to the Supplies as part of a continuous programme of improvement or to comply with legislation. Without prejudice to this Condition 10, Customers are recommended to check the Company's website for the latest descriptions of the Goods, in particular, but without limitation, with regard to statements regarding RoHS.
11. Risk and ownership
Where delivery is EXW, the risk of damage to or loss of Goods will pass to the Customer when the Goods are made available for collection by the Customer or the Customer's carriers. Otherwise, risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer in accordance with the relevant Incoterm applicable to the Contract. Ownership of the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until the Company has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due from the Customer to the Company on any account whatsoever. Until ownership passes to the Customer, the Customer must hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as the Company's bailee. If payment is not received in full by the due date, or the Customer passes a resolution for winding up or a court shall make an order to that effect, or a receiver or administrator is appointed over any assets or the undertaking of the Customer or an execution or distress is levied against the Customer or any equivalent action is taken in any other other jurisdiction, the Company shall be entitled, without previous notice, to retake possession of the Goods and for that purpose to enter upon any premises occupied or owned by the Customer. This Catalogue remains at all times the sole and exclusive property of the Company.
12. Quality Assurance
All Goods detailed in this Catalogue have been processed in strict accordance with standard quality procedures approved to BS EN ISO 9001:2000, unless otherwise indicated on the dispatch documentation.
Further details can be obtained from the Company's sales office at the time of order. Selected items are available with full lot traceability to CECC distributor requirements. These are identified in the Catalogue and a charge of €7.50 is levied for such certification. Hazardous Goods (IATA Form), where available, are charged at €36 as at the date of this Catalogue.
13. Performance and fitness for purpose
Unless any performance figures, tolerances or characteristics have been specifically and expressly warranted by a director of the Company in writing, the Company accepts no liability for any failure of the Supplies to comply with such criteria, whether attributable to the Company's negligence or otherwise. The responsibility for ensuring that Supplies are sufficient and suitable for a particular purpose is the Customer's, unless specifically stated in writing by a director of the Company. Any advice or recommendation given by an employee of the Company which is not confirmed in writing by a director of the Company is acted on entirely at the Customer's risk and the Company shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed. Except as set out in Condition 15, the liability of the Company to the Customer, should any warranty, statement, advice or recommendation confirmed in accordance with this Condition 13 prove to be incorrect, inaccurate or misleading, will be limited to the refund of the price paid for the Supplies or, at the Company's option, the supply of replacement Supplies which are sufficient and suitable.
The Company will endeavour to transfer to the Customer the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by the manufacturer of Goods.
In addition, the Company will, free of charge, repair or, at the Company's option, replace Goods or, in the case of Services, re-perform Services which are proved to the reasonable satisfaction of the Company to be damaged or defective due to faulty materials, workmanship or design.
This obligation will not apply:
• if the defect arises because the Customer has altered or repaired such Goods without the written consent of the Company;
• because the Customer did not follow the manufacturers' instructions for storage, usage, installation, use or maintenance of the Goods;
• if the Customer has failed to notify the Company of any defect in accordance with Condition 8 where the defect should have been reasonably apparent on reasonable inspection; or
• if the Customer fails to notify the Company of the defect within 12 months (or such other period as the Company shall specify at the time of acceptance of the order for the Supplies) of the date of despatch of the Goods or performance of the Services.
Any replacement Supplies made or Goods repaired under this Condition 14 will be guaranteed on these terms for any unexpired portion of the period of guarantee given on the original Supplies. Any Goods which have been replaced will belong to the Company.
The Customer grants to the Company and its employees, agents and representatives a right to enter onto its premises to effect any repair or replacement under this Condition 14. The Customer shall ensure that the Company's employees, agents and representatives are provided with a safe and secure working environment while at its premises and the Customer shall be responsible for isolating any computers or processors requiring repair or replacement from its network and for making back-up copies of any information on such computers or processors before the Company's arrival on site.
Except as set out in Condition 15(i) , the Company's sole obligation and liability , should any Supplies prove damaged or defective in accordance with this Condition 14, shall be limited to, at the Company's option, the repair or replacement of the relevant Goods or the re-performance of the relevant Services or the refund of the price paid for the relevant Supplies Except as set out in Condition 15(i) and Condition 8 above, this Condition is the Company's sole obligation and the Customer's sole remedy for defective Supplies and is accepted by the Customer in substitution for all express or implied representations, conditions or warranties, statutory or otherwise, as to the satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or performance of the Goods (or any materials used in connection therewith) or the standard of workmanship of the Services and all such representations, conditions and warranties are excluded.
15. Exclusion of Liability
- The Company does not exclude its liability to the Customer:
Nothing in these Conditions shall affect the rights of any Customer who, notwithstanding Condition 23, deals as a 'consumer' as defined in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- For breach of the Company’s obligations under section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- For personal injury or death arising as a result of the Company’s negligence;
- Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- For any matter which it would be illegal for the Company to exclude or to attempt to exclude its liability; or
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Except as provided in Conditions 8 (Inspection, defects and non delivery), 13 (Performance and fitness for purpose), and 14 (Warranty/Guarantee) and Condition 15(i) above, the Company will be under no liability to the Customer whatsoever (whether in contract, tort, (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise) for any injury, death, damage or direct or indirect or consequential loss (all of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of use, loss of data, computer downtime, depletion of goodwill, business interruption, increased purchasing or manufacturing costs, loss of opportunity, loss of contracts and like loss) howsoever caused or arising out of or in connection with:
- Any of the Supplies, or the manufacture, sale, performance or supply or failure or delay in performance or supply of the Supplies by the Company or on part of the Company's employees, agents or sub-contractors;
- Any breach by the Company of any of the express or implied terms of the Contract;
- Any use made or resale or on-supply of any of the Supplies or any product incorporating any of the Goods or developed using the Supplies;
- Any acts or omissions of the Company at the Customer's premises;
- Any statement made or not made or advice given or not given by or on behalf of the Company, including as to compliance with legislation or regulation; or
- Otherwise under the Contract. And the Company hereby excludes to the fullest extent permissible at law all conditions, warranties and stipulations, express (other than those set out in these Conditions or given in accordance with Condition 13) or implied, statutory, customary or otherwise which but for such exclusion, would or might subsist in favour of the Customer.
Save as set out in Condition 15(i), the Company's total liability in contract, tort, (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, misrepresentation or otherwise shall be limited to repairing or replacing Goods or in the case of Services, re-performing the Services or, at the Company's option, refunding monies already paid in respect of the Supplies. Each of the Company's employees, agents and sub-contractors may rely on and enforce the exclusions and restrictions of liability in Conditions 8, 10, 13, 14, 15 and 16 in that person's own name and for that person's own benefit.
16. ProductWatch and Farnell ProductFind
The Customer acknowledges that these services are provided free of charge. Without limiting the generality of Condition 15:
- In relation to ProductWatch
The Company will make all reasonable efforts to inform the Customer of the pending obsolescence or replacement of any Goods but accepts no liability for failing to do so in a timely manner or at all, nor for failing to provide details of possible or appropriate substitutes or for failing to provide the service in the manner or at the times anticipated. It is the responsibility of the Customer to determine whether the Goods suggested are suitable for the Customer's intended use and no representations or warranties are provided in this regard.
- In relation to Farnell ProductFind
The Company will make all reasonable efforts to assist the Customer in identifying and/or procuring suitable Goods but accepts no liability for failing to do so in a timely manner or at all nor for failing to source possible or appropriate Goods or for failing to provide the service in the manner or at the times anticipated. It is the responsibility of the Customer to determine whether the Goods are suitable for the Customer's intended use and no representations or warranties are provided in this regard.
17. Intellectual property rights
The Supplies in this Catalogue may be subject to the intellectual and industrial property rights including patents, knowhow, trademarks, copyright, design rights utility rights, database rights and or other rights of third parties. No right or licence is granted to the Customer, except the right to use the Supplies or re-sell the Goods in the Customer's ordinary course of business. The Company shall have no liability whatsoever in the event of any claim of infringement of any such rights howsoever arising.
In particular, without limiting the above, title in any software program forming all or any part of the Goods is reserved to the Company and/or its suppliers. The Customer is responsible for informing itself of the terms of its licence or use and paying any royalty payable.
The Company owns full copyright in respect of this Catalogue and its reproduction in whole or part is prohibited without the Company's prior written consent.
18. Use of Personal Data
"Personal Data" means, in relation to any Customer, or any representative of a Customer who is (in either case) a living individual, any data from which (whether alone or in combination with other information held by the Company) the Company can identify that Customer or that representative, regardless of how and when that data is provided. The Company may process Personal Data for some or all of the purposes contemplated in these conditions or arising in the context of the relationship between the Company and the Customer, including:
- Deciding whether to enter into any contract or arrangement with that Customer. This may include conducting credit reference searches against a Customer or its representatives and the disclosure of information to the relevant agency as to how the Customer conducts its accounts, and other anti-fraud or identity checks;
- Order fulfillment, administration, customer services, profiling the Customer's purchasing preferences and to help to review, develop and improve the Company's business and the goods and services it offers;
- Direct marketing of the Company's products and services and/or of the products and services of other companies in the Premier Farnell Group or third parties which the Company believes may be of interest to the Customer or its representatives, whether by post, fax, telephone, email, SMS, MMS or otherwise, to the extent that it is lawfully entitled to do so;
- Crime prevention or detection
The processing of the Personal Data may involve:
- The disclosure of that Personal Data to the Company's service providers and agents;
- The disclosure of that Personal Data to other companies in the Premier Farnell Group whose products and services the Company believes may be of interest to that Customer or representative;
- The disclosure of that Personal Data to third parties whose products and services the Company believes may be of interest to that Customer or representative;
- The transfer of Personal Data outside of the EEA, including to countries whose laws may not provide adequate protection to Personal Data. The Company will only transfer Personal Data outside the EEA to companies who have guaranteed to the Company the same level of protection as that Personal Data would have received in the UK.
If, at any time, the Customer or its representatives does not wish his or her Personal Data to be used for any or all of the above purposes, he or she should contact the Marketing Manager, Farnel , Canal Road, Leeds LS12 2TU or notify any of our sales representatives when placing an order by phone.
In the event that the Company sends promotional material to the Customer in relation to goods or services available from the Company, these Conditions shall apply to all Supplies purchased from such material.
20. Country of origin
Goods may originate from an non-EC source. Unless otherwise confirmed by the Company in writing, nothing in this Catalogue is to be taken as a representation of the source of origin, manufacturer or production of the Goods or any part of them. Where certificates of origin are requested and available, these may be provided by the Company for a fee determined at the time of request.
21. Trade counter
Goods can only be supplied at the trade counter against official orders for credit, debit card or cash transactions. A purchase order is required when collecting Goods. Cash transactions will only be accepted at the trade counter.
The Customer is responsible at its own expense for obtaining any licence and complying with any export regulations in force within the United Kingdom and any import or export regulations in force in the country for which the Goods are destined. Certain Goods imported from the United States of America are subject to specific restrictions. With respect to goods manufactured in or originating from the United States, the Customer agrees to comply with all applicable export laws, restrictions and regulations of the United States or foreign agencies or authorities, and shall not import, export, or transfer for the purpose of re-export, any product to any prohibited or embargoed country or to any denied, blocked, or designated person or entity as mentioned in any such U.S. or foreign law or regulation. The Customer represents and warrants that it is not on the Denied Persons, Specially Designated Nationals or Debarred Persons List and is not otherwise prohibited by law from purchasing the Supplies. The Company reserves the right not to supply certain customers or certain countries and to require from the Customer full details of the end use and final destination of the Goods.
23. US Stock
In relation to any contract for the supply of Goods which are notified by the Company to be US Stock or Newark direct ship Goods or subject to the US Stock or Newark direct ship terms ("US Stock Goods"), the provisions of this Condition 23 shall apply in addition to all other terms and conditions set out in these Conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the terms set out above and this Condition 23, this Condition 23 shall prevail. This Condition 23 does not apply to any Contract which does not include US Stock Goods.
Cancellation and returns
- All orders containing US Stock Goods are subject to an additional delivery charge in the amount published by the Company at the time of the order (currently €25 but subject to change from time to time) (“US Stock Fee”). The US Stock Fee is payable only once per Contract regardless of the number of US Stock Goods ordered under that Contract and only once per Contract in the case of a Contract for Scheduled Delivery. The US Stock Fee will be charged on shipment of the first US Stock Goods to be delivered under any Contract. US Stock Goods are normally delivered 3 working days after receipt of an order received prior to 5pm GMT on a working day. US Stock Goods ordered after 5 pm GMT on a working day or on a non-working day are normally delivered 3 working days after the next working day following receipt of the order. This is regardless of the delivery method chosen during the order process (which shall continue to apply to all other Goods ordered). The special same or next day delivery service does not apply to US Stock Goods. As set out above, all delivery times are estimates only.
Use of Personal Data in relation to US Stock Goods
- Save in accordance with Condition 10 above, all orders for US Stock Goods, whether single drop or scheduled, are irrevocable and cannot be cancelled and US Stock Goods may not be returned except in accordance with Conditions 10 or 15 (if applicable) or with the prior written consent of a director of the Company.
- In order to fulfil any Contract for US Stock Goods the Company will transfer the Personal Data of the person to whom the Goods are to be delivered to the USA. In placing any order for US Stock Goods, the Customer accepts that this transfer will take place and consents to its taking place, even though the USA does not provide the same level of protection to Personal Data as the UK. The Company will endeavour to ensure that the Personal Data will receive an adequate level of protection while in the hands of its representatives in the USA. Where the Personal Data relate to another individual to whom the Goods are to be delivered, the Customer agrees that he or she has the authority of that individual to consent on their behalf. The Customer can withhold or withdraw his or her consent by contacting the Export Department, Farnell, Canal Road, Leeds, LS12 2TU, United Kingdom but this will severely curtail the service which the Company can offer and may require the Company to vary the terms of the Contract.
*Applicable to EU countries only.
24. Business customers
The Company is a business to business supplier. The Catalogue and any specialogues and other product brochures produced by the Company are intended for use by business customers and not consumers. By ordering, the Customer confirms that he, she or it wishes to obtain the Supplies for the purposes of his, her or its business and not as a consumer.
25. Age requirements for certain Goods
Where the law requires a minimum age for the purchase of certain Goods, the Customer confirms that he or she is over the required age and that delivery of the Goods will be accepted by a person over the relevant age limit.
26. Prohibited Applications
The Goods are not designed, authorised or warranted to be suitable for:
i. implantation in the body or for use in life support equipment, other medical equipment or in any application or system for any other purpose where the failure or malfunction of the Goods could reasonably be expected to result in personal injury, death, severe property or environmental damage; or
ii. in the case of Goods manufactured by and/or supplied to the Company by NXP Semiconductors, use in military, air craft or space applications.
Use or inclusion of the Company’s Goods in any such equipment, system or applications is strictly prohibited and any such use will be at the Customer’s own risk. The Customer will indemnify the Company and its suppliers against any and all liability and expense (including costs) resulting from any such inclusion or use.
In the event that the UK changes to a single unified European currency (known as the Euro or otherwise) or agrees to the fixing of conversion rates between European Union member states, it will not have the effect of altering any term or discharging or excusing performance under the Contract.
28. Force majeure
The Company shall not be liable to the Customer in any manner or be deemed to be in breach of these Conditions because of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of the Company's obligations under these Contract if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Company's reasonable control (which shall include, but not be limited to government actions, war, fire, explosion, flood, import or export regulations or embargoes, labour disputes or inability to obtain or a delay in obtaining supplies of Goods or labour). The Company may, at its option, delay the performance of, or cancel the whole or any part of a Contract.
29. Recording of telephone calls
The Company reserves the right to monitor, intercept or record telephone calls and many monitor or intercept all email or other electronic communications made to its premises for training, security and quality purposes.
30. Legal construction
All Contracts shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the Customer submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts, but the Company may enforce such Contract in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Any provision of these Conditions of Supply which is held by any competent authority to be invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable (in whole or in part) shall to the extent of such invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the other provisions of these Conditions of Supply and the remainder of such provision shall not be affected. Failure by the Company to enforce or partially enforce any provision of these Conditions of Supply will not be constrained as a waiver of any rights under these Conditions of Supply. The Company shall be entitled, without the consent of or notice to the Customer, to assign the benefit, subject to the burden, of these Conditions and/or any Contract to any company in its group (as defined in section 53(1) of the Companies Act 1989) at any time. Except as set out in Condition 15, the parties to the Contract do not intend that any of its terms will be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person not a party to it.
If there is any conflict between these Conditions and any translation of these Conditions then this English version will prevail.
These Conditions supersede all previous issues.