Create | Learn | Code
Farnell is a distributor and the exclusive manufacturer of the BBC micro:bit, under license from the Micro:bit Educational Foundation
Introducing the latest BBC micro:bit
Now with a built-in speaker and microphone!
An updated more powerful device with all of the same great features with easier ways to use sound and touch to get creative in the classroom
- On board speaker
- MEMs Microphone with LED indicator
- Touch sensitive logo
- Built-in sleep/off mode that means the board can be powered-down with batteries connected
- Discrete regulator that can supply up to 200mA of current to external accessories
Buy now Learn more
- 1 x micro:bit
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Battery holder
- 2 x AAA batteries
- 1 x User guide
- 10 x micro:bit
- 10 x USB cable
- 10 x Battery holder
- 20 x AAA batteries
- 10 x User guide
Farnell has a global approved re-seller program, operating in 68 countries, where small order quantities are available. Please choose one of our approved resellers below, based on your location.
View full list of re-sellers
The BBC Micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that you can code, customise and control to bring your digital ideas, games and apps to life. Each element is completely programmable via easy-to-use software on a dedicated website (www.microbit.org) that can be accessed from a PC, tablet, or mobile.
It’s super easy to use, and ready to get started out-of-the-box, with a choice of coding editors for all abilities available in multiple languages. The extensive wireless and sensor features mean the micro:bit can be used across the school, including subjects such as science, design, maths, music, art and computing.
The Micro:bit education foundation creates partnerships all over the world to help deliver its mission to inspire children, make easy and effective learning, collaborate with educators and support communities of educators and partners. To find out more visit www.micro:bit.org. Details of projects have been reproduced with the kind permission of the Micro:bit educational foundation”.
Farnell is a global distributor of electrical components and the exclusive manufacturer of the BBC micro:bit. Since working with the BBC on their Make it Digital initiative, Farnell has supported the Micro:bit Educational Foundation and has worked with governments, re-sellers and strategic partnerships to support product-led educational initiatives globally
- Farnell celebrates the manufacture of 5 million micro:bit as Micro:bit Educational Foundation announce new board
- Farnell helps change the face of education in Norway with Super:Bit
- Newark Helps Millions of Students Across the Globe Learn with micro:bit
- Element14 Community donates 250 micro:bit devices to support digital literacy initiative